• 25+ years of executive leadership experience in both the public and private sectors
• Demonstrated ability to grow membership, engagement and partnership participation in workforce development and economic development initiatives
• Track record in increasing revenues and investments for non-profits engaged in workforce and economic development, as well as education, Pre-K through college or career
• Relationships established with over three dozen business, civic and community-based organizations
• Skilled in managing the nuances of public-private investment and programming
• Experience in maneuvering the dynamics of integrated partnerships among large systems and agencies.
CareerEdge Funders Collaborative is dedicated to helping area employers meet the challenges of a fast-changing economy. One of the principal ways we do that is by filling the worker “skill gaps” that prevent leading employers from achieving stronger rates of revenue growth.
MISSION STATEMENT: Our mission is to provide an exceptional labor force to a region’s growing industries by leveraging community assets and forming high-performing workforce partnerships.
VISION STATEMENT: CareerEdge will be known as the region’s distinguished workforce development organization that promotes economic prosperity through strong employer-labor and community partnerships
CareerEdge was formed in 2009 by the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation, the Bradenton Central CRA, the Bradenton Downtown Development Authority, the Gulf Coast Community Foundation Inc., Bank of America and the Manatee County Action Agency. Mark Pritchett, Senior Vice President for Community Investment of Gulf Coast Community Foundation Inc., serves as Co-Chairman and is charged with fiscal oversight of the initiative.